Tuesday 17 January 2012

Portraits - SLR Camera

With the idea of dramatic lighting in mind, to achieve portraits with bright lighting and contrasting dark shadows, the classroom in which I was working was darkened by turning of the lights and closing the blinds on the windows. I used an ordinary lamp as my light source and angled it in various directions so that I could achieve a range of different shadows and highlights.

This is my test strip of my contact sheet of my Portrait photographs.

This is my contact sheet of my Portraits I have taken.










For the following portrait photographs, I did not use a lamp as a light source. Instead, I opened the blinds covering one of the windows and used the natural light coming in through the window for the rest of my portraits.

This is my test strip for one of my portrait photographs. I used this to see what timing would best suit my photograph.






No comments:

Post a Comment