Tuesday 12 February 2013

The Two Staring Points I have Chosen: The Five Senses & The Everyday

The Five Senses

I chose this starting point as it would be a struggle to live without any of the senses and would be interesting to try and photograph. 
I plan on looking at other photographers' work and looking at the visible senses such as the eye (sight).
Artists of interest that fit within the starting point:



-Carsten Witte

I want to do experimentations with double exposures in the darkroom through sandwich printing. Creating handmade negatives to go over photographs could look interesting. I hope to explore a 3D element with photographs related to the senses so people can touch them. Also maybe explore a way of making the photographs fragranced.

The Everyday

This starting point is around us everyday making it easily accessible to photograph.
I plan on looking at other photographers' work and keeping a closer eye on what I see on a day to day basis along with routines.
Artists of interest that fit within the starting point:

Like before I want to do experimentations with double exposures in the darkroom through sandwich printing. Creating handmade negatives to go over photographs could look interesting. With photographs of the everyday, I intend on doing digital experiments which will involve manipulating the images so they do not look so 'ordinary' or 'everyday'. I will also play around with the tones of the images in the darkroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment