Saturday 7 July 2012

William Hatch Crosby experiment

This is on of William Hatch Crosby's pieces of work. He applies the paint onto the photograph in small little marks creating various pattens and even adding a texture to the piece.
Marge
Carl - silkscreen, gouache
After looking at William Hatch Crosby's work, it took me a while to work out where I would paint on my images and what pattens I would do as my images were objects of nature rather than portraits. I chose one object in my images and created small dots, lines and zigzags to try and recreate what Crosby did on his work. I do not think that it suits my images as, when comparing them to Crosby's work, it looks more natural on his images as they look like masks on the portraits whereas on my images it seems a bit too 'random'.



No comments:

Post a Comment